You may complete and send either of the two forms below. The first form is an e-mail form. After you submit this form, you will be automatically returned to the Home page on this website. The second form is a Microsoft Word document that can be downloaded and printed out and then either mailed or faxed.
1. Holiday lettings are for a minimum of one week, Saturday to Saturday, commencing at 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival and ending at 10:00 a.m. on the day of departure.
2. A binding contract between the holidaymakers (the "Holidaymaker") and the owner of High Smarber (the "Owner") shall be entered into upon the execution and issuance by the Owner of the High Smarber Booking Confirmation Form to the Holidaymaker.
3. A letting of High Smarber shall be only for the purpose of a holiday letting for the period of time specified in the High Smarber Booking Confirmation Form pertinent to such holiday letting. No holiday letting shall constitute a protected tenancy under the Rent Acts, as amended from time to time, nor shall any security of tenure attach to any holiday letting. No holiday letting shall exceed a period of 28 days except by prior written agreement with the Owner.
4. Upon booking, a deposit of £80.00 per week of rental is due.
5. The balance of the rental shall be payable eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday letting. If the Holidaymaker books the holiday letting less than eight weeks from its commencement, the full holiday cost shall be payable on sending the Booking Form to the Owner. Receipt of any deposit by the Owner shall not constitute acceptance of any booking. Payments may be made by (1) mailing a check payable to "Francis Facciolo" to the Owner at the address stated on the High Smarber Booking Form, (2) using Paypal to make a payment to "email@example.com" or (3) by a bank transfer to the Owners' bank account.
6. No pets of any description are allowed.
7. Under no circumstances shall the number of guests occupying High Smarber exceed six plus a baby under 12 months.
8. Any cancellation by the Holidaymaker must be in writing. The Owner reserves the right at his absolute discretion to decide what, if any, refund shall be made. In the event of an unforeseen circumstances rendering High Smarber unusable before a holiday letting, the Owner cannot undertake to provide alternative
BOOKING CONDITIONS (cont.)
accommodation or to pay compensation to the Holidaymaker or any third person but the Owner shall make a full refund of any moneys paid.
9. The Owner shall not be liable for any damage, loss, expense, inconvenience or personal accident which the Holidaymaker or any third person may incur which arises out of or in any way is connected with the holiday letting of High Smarber.
10. The Owner does not warrant and is in no way responsible for the accuracy of any verbal or written information given or statements made by the Agent.
11. The Owner and any representatives of the Owner shall be allowed access to High Smarber at any reasonable time during any holiday letting.
12. The Holidaymaker shall keep High Smarber and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on High Smarber, and all immediately surrounding property, including, without limitation, all walls and gates, in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday letting, and shall leave High Smarber in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The Holidaymaker undertakes to pay for any expenses necessary to make good any breakage, damage or loss to High Smarber (including, without limitation, the buildings constituting High Smarber and the personal property contained in such buildings and the surrounding area) and all immediately surrounding property that may occur during the period of the holiday letting that is due to any negligent or willful act or omission of action of the Holiday-maker.
13. The Holidaymaker agrees to use the fire-guards when applicable and to follow standard safety procedures when using electrical appliances.
14. Payment by the Holidaymaker of the deposit or occupation of High Smarber by the Holidaymaker signifies acceptance by the Holidaymaker of the booking conditions as set out above.
Low Row, the nearest village, is approximately equidistant from the A1 to the east and the M6 to the west. From the A1 the route is through Richmond towards Reeth and along the B6270 following the River Swale. From the M6 head towards Sedbergh, then through Wensleydale towards Hawes. Turn left to cross into Swaledale by the Buttertubs Pass, coming into Swaledale on to the B6270. Turn towards Muker and Low Row.
If you are coming up Swaledale, turn right past the Punch Bowl,* a prominent inn on the right hand side of the road, and take the narrow road up past the one story industrial building. After two severe turns and a steep gradient, you will arrive on a level section of the road, which bears to your left as it levels out. Follow this road until you come to two concrete tracks bearing off to your left downhill. Turn left on to these tracks and you will arrive at High Smarber, which will be on your right and which you can recognize by a large concrete apron in front of the garage.
The nearest railroad station is Darlington (30 miles) with a bus service serving Low Row changing at Richmond.
* If you are coming down Swaledale, turn immediately before the Punch Bowl and follow the rest of the directions.